Saturday, December 24, 2011

UPDATED 12/29/2011: MERRY CATMAS, HALF-LIFE 3 WON'T COME IF YOU'RE GOOD OR NOT

EDITS TIME, most of the rumors in this original post have been proven to be false.  Therefore, it is now a parody of itself.  Everything in bold and red below will be edits that I added after the fact.  ENJOY.
Just a quick update here on this Christmas night:

1.  Merry Christmas from all of us here at "Quest for Cats!"  (which means Merry Christmas from just me).
2.  Half-Life 3 is most likely NOT coming out sometime, hopefully next year.
If you love Valve like me you've probably seen this coming for a long time, but Valve has NOT been dropping plenty of hints lately, of which are all summed up quite well in this article.<THIS ARTICLE IS ALL SPECULATION

Two of the most compelling pieces of evidence, though, are the fact that Valve has officially given the go-ahead to some insiders to start dropping hints about the next Half-Life game, and THIS WEBSITE RIGHT HERE.<THAT WEBSITE IS FAKE AS BALLS

Yes, that is a GIANT lambda symbol with a three on it, and the words "Half-Life 3" underneath it as well as FAKE Valve copyright information right below.  If that isn't an indication that the game is in fact a thing and will come out, I don't know what is.

However, this is no assurance that it will come out next year.  Just makes it seem more likely.  And if I know Valve like I think I do, this all means that they're going to have some major announcements about the game up by late summer next year at least, be it a trailer or even some concept art.

And so, as I go to sleep while Santa passes overhead--firing gifts to all of the little bastards of the land with his magical present-zooka--you and I, my dear reader, can rest a bit easier in the knowledge that our favorite company has not forgotten about its favorite franchise.<This is still pretty accurate.  Gabe Newell never forgets.

Happy hollandaise, everyone!

Oh, and don't forget about Randolph the red-nosed turret.  He's legend.
UPDATE:  According to Nick Oogittyboogity and some other sources on the internet, that last website was a fake, which is a pretty big bonerkill if I do say so myself.  Still, other things have led me to believe that Half-Life 3 will be announced at some point in the near future (meaning the next year).<This is just me being hopeful.  It's probably not gonna be announced for a long time yet.  Here's to hoping we poor pitiful peon gamers will get some news about Half-Life 3 from Valve's ivory towers before we all die in our sleep in our mothers' basements someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment