Thursday, November 24, 2011

Pukesgiving: obligatory picture blog of what I'm thankful for

To those that were annoyed by the whininess of my last post, I apologize.  ZEES post, however, is the yang to the last post's yin.  The catharsis that was badly needed.  The hymns of Thanksgiving in Psalms of the Hebrew bible to the Lamentations of the past (I'm not religious, but the Old Testament is badass).

Here is a list of some people and things that I really need or want to give thanks to, without whom and which I definitely would either not be here this day, or otherwise would be an entirely different or entirely douchier person.
1.  My mom.
Idn't she precious?  Ignore that weird fucker to the left.
My mom is the epitome of the term "tough old bird,"(just like her mom and my grandma Peggy, who deserves special mention here too because she's fucking awesome and crazy) and will continue to be such as life continually hands her bullshit and she throws it back in its face as much as possible.  She's gone through a lot of awful things in her life, including the events of this last year, but through it all she's kept her humor and an insane amount of compassion.

She's absolutely wonderful and the most supportive, accepting and loving person I've ever met even despite being jaded by the shit she's had to deal with.

I know I don't say it enough, mom, (if you're reading this, which I'm sure you will at some point) but I love you.  And I know I'm definitely not the best son in the world a lot of the time, and you deserve a lot more respect than you get, and so I'm sorry, too.

Thanks, mom.  You are the best.
2.  My dumbass brother Spenser.
Hyup.
Out of all of the people that I care about, Spenser is the one that bitches the MOST.  And believe me, I love me some bitching, but Spenser takes the cake a thousand times over.  But don't be mistaken, he's been through and is still going through a lot of bullshit that he doesn't deserve, especially since he has a nuts amount of food intolerances, can't eat or drink pretty much anything and also has been fucked over by the shitty job market for his major many a time.

Spenser, you're a tough motherfucker even if you are the king of the #firstworldproblems.  I know you're gonna do well provided you get the proper start, and I'm so excited to watch you start kicking life's ass.  I don't say it enough to you, either, but I love you, broseph.

3.  Mah friends.  
I fucking love you two.
The faces of America's future shittiest novelists.
JAKE IS THE BEST.  Also, ALLISON, you're in here!
OU FRANS.  Blake, you're FULL OF SHIT.  Missing here: Holly Coletta and Christian Law.
Isaac, and Nick's arm.  FUCK YEAH.
Buncha badass Wooster doods.  Missing here: Jaime Blair.
My awesome HvZ team members.  Of special note:  DOM AMEO, BRANDON HUGH, and SCRUFFY.  Love you guys.
THERE YOU ARE, CHRISTIAN.  Also, I love David Olszewsi and he's a great dad.
This man is beautiful.  Missing here:  THE REST OF MY AKRON FRIENDS.
All of these Wooster fucks.  Miss all of you guys.  Missing here: LAUREL THOMPSON, ANDY BARTLEHEIM, MARA WEBER, SANTA.
There are also plenty of awesome friends that are conspicuously missing from this collection, mostly because they either don't have facebooks or WE HAVEN'T TAKEN PICTURES YET AND I'M VERY UPSET ABOUT THAT.  

Marietta bros:  Chwalek, Cody F., Hirschfield... FUCK YOU GUYS.  You're the best
.
People who I befriended just this year:  Nick S., Molly T., Jessica Staub, Mohit Alam, Robert Faris, anybody else cool that I'm forgetting... we need to take some pictures together and hang out more you buncha weirdbeards.

Thanks to all of my great friends.  Seriously.  I could not have the huge amount of fun in life that I do without you wonderful human beings.  If I didn't have you all to go through life with and to bitch to and to care for, I would seriously be fucking insane.  I can't thank you all enough for not hating the shit out of me. 

4.  CATS OF COURSE
CATSCATSCATS
I love cats and they often reduce me to a quivering pile of sap on the floor because they're SO FUCKING CUTE.  Especially my cats!  'Nuff said.

5.  SKYRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMM
My beloved battlemage redguard.
Okay, so this last one isn't important in the scheme of things, but goddamn do I love this game.  
Also, CONVENIENT PLUG TIME.  Check out my review of this badass shit on Speakeasy!  Right HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEREEE.

And last but not least...
6.  YOU
Pictured above:  you, my average reader.
Many thanks be to YOU, my reader.  I don't know who you are or why you're reading this shit, but I thank you for it, from the very bottom of my heart.  You know, I never told you this before, but... 

I think I love you, reader.  
*blushes*
I uhh... I gotta go... now. B...b-b-byee...
*turns awkardly and leaves quickly*

1 comment:

  1. How did I know that cats and Skyrim would be on this list?

    Also - OU friends represent! <3 <3

    ReplyDelete