Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Quick update: "PORTAL 2" DLC and new Speakeasy article

Hey everyone!  Just a quick update on here, as there's plenty of random stuff to be doin' (read:  that I SHOULD be doing) in my life right now.
SO EXCITE for more robot lovin'!

First off, the new, free "Portal 2: Peer Review" DLC was released today for all major platforms, so anybody with access to it should start downloading it right now if they haven't already!

The new content is specifically for the multiplayer section of the game, and the story seems to involve an unknown progression of time since the events of Portal 2, after which the two robots Atlas and P-Body are awakened for some more dangerous, most likely highly-acrobatic tasks.  Or should I say... acroBOTic... HAW HAW HAW god I should stop before I make you wet your pants.

And if you don't have Portal 2 yet... why not!?  Read my review, and if that doesn't sway you in any way, you soulless husk, take a look at the price of it on Steam right now. 

Yup, that's right.  Only 15 dollars until October 6, for what I would consider the best game of the year so far. BUY IT.  YOU'LL LOVE IT.

Secondly, I just put up a review of the absolutely AWESOME "Drive" on Speakeasy, and I'd love if you could give it a read, eh?  

"Drive" is really a great movie, if I don't emphasize that enough in my review.  Ryan Gosling smashes faces remorselessly and mostly quietly, but with a style all his own all the while still having faint echoes of that (sometimes) sweet persona that you know from his other movies.  I dunno how he does it, but it's really a fantastic character for him.  

Also, the car stunts in the movie are absolutely awesome.  So come for the cars, and stay for the incredible action, violence, acting and the surprisingly well-told story.

You'll be glad you did!

No comments:

Post a Comment